Rules and Regulations
BY-LAW OF THE ASSOCIATION
- NAME OF THE ASSOCIATION OF THE ASSOCIATION:
Name of the Association shall be: KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA PANGODEALUMNI ASSOCIATION.
Membership of Association is open only for the old students of KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA,PANGODE, above the age of 21 and fulfil the terms & conditions of Association (framed by the Governing Body/General Body from time to time) but subject to the approval of Governing Body of Association. Membership will be of four types:
(1) Lifetime Members(2) Associate Members(3) Honorary Members(4) Ad-hoc Members
Lifetime /Associate/Ad-hoc Membership – available to those students who have studied in KendriyaVidyalaya, Pangode and fulfil the terms & conditions of Association (framed by the Governing Body/General Body from time to time) but subject to the approval of Governing Body of the Association.
Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya Pangode (Sec. IV), shall be an ex-officio ‘Patron’ of the `
All past and present teachers of KendriyaVidyalaya,Pangode will enjoy status of Honorary Members.
***A new member should be referred by any two Old Members of the Association.
NOTE: If the membership is not approved by the Governing Body of the Association, the reason of refusal shall be communicated in writing to the person/applicant concerned.
- ADMISSION FEE:
Admission Fee for Membership shall be as under unless otherwise revised by the Governing Body of the Association:
- Lifetime Membership: Rs.2000.00 (lump sum payment). The fees may be revised with the approval of the General Body.
- Associate Membership: Rs.500.00. To become a Lifetime Member, such Associate Member will be required to pay the balance fee to make up a total of Rs. 2500.00 subject to a minimum of Rs.500 per year.
- Ad-hoc Membership: The Governing Body is entitled to offer Ad-hoc Membership to those Alumni, who in the opinion of the Governing Body is unable to pay the prescribed fee. They are required to pay a nominal amount of Rs.100 annually. The fees paid towards ad-hoc membership is valid only for that particular financial year. This amount shall not be appropriated towards Life/Associate Membership.
*** The right to approve or deny membership is on sole discretion of the Governing Body.
*** The prescribed membership fee in case of Associate/Ad-hoc Members for a particular year succeeding shall be remitted before the completion of immediately preceding financial year, i.e. on or before 31st of March.
- TERMINATION OR CESSATION OF MEMBERSHIP:
Governing Body of the Association shall have powers to expel/terminate a member or members from the membership of the above Association on the following grounds:
- on death.
- on written resignation.
- if found to be involved in any anti-social activities.
- if adjudged by any court of law to be a criminal offender or of unsound mind,
- if found guilty of any propaganda against the Aims and Objectives of Association,
- if fails to pay the subscription of contribution within three months from due Date,
- ifdisregards Rules & Regulations or disobeys the decisions of Association.
NOTE: The decision of the Governing Body regarding the termination from the membership of the Association, shall be communicated to the member concerned.
- GENERAL BODY DEFINED:
All the members of the Association will constitute the General Body of the Association.
- GENERAL BODY MEETING:
- NOTICE: Minimum ’15’ days notice shall be given to the members, before the Date of General Body Meeting, enclosing agenda specifying Date, Time, Place and issues to be discussed.
- FREQUENCY: General Body Meeting shall be held once every year. The notice of any motion to be proposed by any member at the Annual General Meeting shall be sent to the Secretary one month in advance, so that it may be included in the Agenda of the meeting.
- QUORUM: Quorum of Annual/Extra-Ordinary General Body Meeting shall be 1/3(One/Third) of the members present in person, entitled to attend and vote in such meeting. If there is no quorum until the expiry of thirty minutes from the time at which the meeting has been called, the present members will form the quorum of the meeting.
- RIGHTS & PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERS:
Each and every member of the Association shall:-
Have a right to collect the Identity Card after depositing the required/prescribed fee (fixed by the Governing Body of the Association from time to time).
- Be entitled to participate in meetings, cultural/educational functions and other lawful gatherings, called/arranged by the Association.
- Voting Right (only for Lifetime Members). Associate/Ad-hoc Members will not have any voting rights.
- GOVERNING BODY:
- STRENGTH: The Strength of Governing Body (including office bearers and executive member) shall not be less than 7 and not more than 21.
- Membership: Only Lifetime Members above the age of 25 are eligible for membership in Governing Body.
- TERM: The Term of every Governing Body shall be two years.
- NOTICE: Minimum 7 day notice shall be required for Meeting.
- QUORUM: Quorum of every Meeting shall be 2/3rd (Two/Third) of the total strength of the Governing Body (including office bearers and executive member).
- MEETING: The Executive Committee shall meet as often as may be necessary, but not less than four meetings in a year to transact the business of the Association. The President shall preside at such meetings. In his absence, the Sr.Vice-President shall preside, and in the absence of the President and the Sr.Vice-President, the Vice-President will preside the meeting. If there is no quorum in the meeting, the presiding person may decide on the place and time of the next meeting for which no quorum will be required.
- FUNCTIONS & POWERS OF GOVERNING BODY:
Governing Body shall be responsible for the management and administration of all affairs of the Association, and is also authorized to appoint any office bearer/executive member to look after any particular activity. Governing Body shall have also the following powers:
- To take necessary steps for the implementation of all the programs and policies drawn by the General Body.
- To frame bye-laws consistent with the aims and objects of the Association. Such provisional bye-laws shall be placed before the next General Body Meeting for ratification.
- To pass the necessary expenditure to meet the day to day requirements of the Association.
- To take decisions on applications for new membership.
- To prepare plans, projects and programs.
- To manage the affairs of the Association and to keep control over the property of the Association and all its assets.
- To appoint committee(s) for disposal of any business of the Association or for advice in any matter pertaining to the Association.
- To appoint Returning Officer and his/her powers to complete election process.
- To appoint the Patron(s) of the Association.
- To arrange and receive loan for purpose of Association from any Bank(s) or from any other legal entity or individual(s) on reasonable terms and conditions, the Governing Body as a whole shall be liable for its return.
- To accept donations, grants, gifts, contributions, subscriptions and endowments.
- To establish and collect funds, donations in cash or in kind and utilize the same for the purpose of Association.
- To receive money, securities, instruments and or any other movable property for and on behalf of the Association.
- To take all such other legal steps for smooth / better management of Association.
- The Executive Committee may also, by resolution, designate three Members of the Association to sign any documents, etc., other than those referred to in paragraph (a) and (b) of this Article, on behalf of and binding on the Association. Every such designation shall be specific, and shall cease after completion of its purpose.
- COMPOSITION OF THE GOVERNING BODY:
The composition of the Governing Body (Office Bearers and Executive members) shall be as under:
- PRESIDENT 1
- VICE PRESIDENT 2
- SECRETARY 1
- SECRETARY FINANCE 1
- JOINT SECRETARY 2
- JOINT SECRETARY (FINANCE ) 1
- EXECUTIVE MEMBERS 4 to 13
- POWERS AND DUTIES OF OFFICE BEARERS:
- President of the Association shall preside over all the Governing Body and General Body meetings of Association.
- At the time of voting on any matter/subject (except Election), if the total votes of the groups of members happen to be equal in number, the President has the power to cast an extra vote to decide the matter/subject.
- President shall file/submit ‘Annual List’ of Governing Body in the office of Registrar of Societies (Delhi) every year.
- VICE PRESIDENT:
There shall be two Vice Presidents of the Association to assist the President in his/her work. Sr.Vice President shall enjoy all the powers of the President in his/her absence.Vice President shall enjoy all the powers of the President in absence of both the President and the Sr.Vice President.
- Secretary shall summon for all the Governing Body and General Body meetings of Association.
- Secretary shall have power to call any emergent meeting (with the consent of President) by short notice.
- Secretary shall have the power to allow inclusion of any subject/matter in the agenda for the discussion in the course of proceeding/meeting.
- SECRETARY FINANCE:
- All the funds of Association shall remain under the care and management of Secretary Finance of the Association.
- Secretary Finance shall maintain the accounts of all money which is received and/or paid by him/her on behalf of the Association.
- Secretary Finance shall produce all the Account-Books in every Governing Body/General Body Meeting.
- The Secretary Finance will ordinarily hold a cash balance not exceeding Rs. 2000.00 (or the amount which may be fixed by the Governing Body of the Association from time to time) to meet the emergent needs relating to the Association.
- All cash excess of the above amount (or amount fixed by Governing Body) shall be deposited in any Bank/Banks, selected by Governing Body of Association.
- JOINT SECRETARY:
There shall be three Joint Secretaries; two of them shall assist Secretary. The Joint Secretary designated as Joint Secretary-Finance shall assist Secretary/Finance.
- EXECUTIVE MEMBER:
Executive Member is an important part of Governing Body. He/She is supposed to attend all Governing Body Meetings and also the General Body Meetings of Association.
General Body in its Annual Meeting will elect all the office bearers and Executive Members of Governing Body, after every two years by secret ballot papers or by show of hands as the Election Officer may decide. Election Officer (and his/her powers) will be decided by Governing Body/General Body in its meeting called for this purpose. An office bearer and Executive member of Governing Body cannot be elected for the same post for more than two consecutive terms.
In case, any member of the Association is expelled by the Governing Body on the reason of Non-Payment of the subscription, he can be re-admitted, provided the member concerned pays all up to date dues with the permission of the Governing Body.
All the appeals shall be referred to General Body. Decision of General Body shall be final. The decision of the General Body shall be communicated to the member concerned.
FILLING UP OF CASUAL VACANCIES:
Any casual vacancy, amongst office bearers & executive members of Governing Body, shall be filled by the resolution passed by the Governing Body. Such appointment(s) shall be confirmed by the General Body in its coming General Body Meeting.
BRANCHES & SUB-COMMITTEES:
Governing Body, in its meeting, shall form the Branches and / or the Sub-Committees to attain the Aims and Objects of the Association.
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING:
Fifteen members of the Association may request the Secretary to call a Special General Meeting by a requisition in writing, stating the objective for which they desire that the meeting be called, and thereupon the Secretary shall proceed to do so after consultation with the Executive Committee.
SOURCES OF INCOME:
. All the income of Association (received from all sources) shall be utilized only for the promotion of Aims and Objects. Sources of Income of Association are: – Admission Fee, Donations and Special Contributions etc.
- The Association may receive financial and non-financial assistance from Government, Non-Governmental Organizations, International Agencies, Banks and any other legal entity or individual.
- The Association may accept donations, grants, presents, gifts, and other offerings in the shape of moveable and/or immovable properties for the attainment of the aims and objects of the Association.
- The Association may raise funds for conducting reunion meetings for the alumni, cultural events, exhibitions, food courts, festivals etc. Such funds shall be utilized only for the promotion of the Aims and Objects of the Association.
- The Association will invest its money and funds according to the Section-11(5) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- All the incomes, earnings, moveable/or immovable properties of the Association shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objects only as set forth in the Memorandum of the Association and no profit thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profits or in any manner whatsoever to the present or the past members of the Association or to any person claiming through any one or more of the present or the past members. No member of the Association shall have any personal claim on any moveable or immovable properties of the Association or make any profits, whatsoever, by virtue of this membership.
Financial year shall be from 1st. Day of April to 31st. March, every year.
MANAGEMENT OF FUNDS & ACCOUNTS OPERATION:
Entire amount shall be kept in any Bank(s), where the Governing Body/General Body may decide from to time. Bank Accounts shall be operated by Joint Signatures of any two office bearers from VICE – PRESIDENT, SECRETARY, SECRETARY/FINANCE, and JOINT SECRETARY/FINANCE.
Accounts of Association shall be audited by qualified auditor (Chartered Accountant) every year. He/ She shall preferably be a member of the Association but shall not be a member of the Governing Body.
There shall be a body of not less than two members qualified in Law to advice the Governing Body in legal matters.
ANNUAL LIST OF GOVERNING BODY:
Once in every year a list of the Office-Bearers and the Executive Members (of the Governing Body) shall be filed in the office of the Registrar of Societies (Delhi), as it is required under Sec. 4 of “Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955.”
. If Association needs to be dissolved, it shall be dissolved as per-provisions laid down under the Sec. 13 & 14 of “Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955”. The Association may accept donations, grants, presents, gifts, and other offerings in the shape of moveable and/or immovable properties for the attainment of the aims and objects of the Association.
- If upon the winding up or dissolution of the Association there remains after satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of Association, but shall be given or transferred to some other Association, having similar objects like this Association, to be determined by the members of the Association at or before the time of dissolution.
Association may sue and/or be sued in the name of President and/or Secretary as per provisions laid down under Sec. 6 of the “Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955”.
Any amendment in Memorandum, Rules and Regulations will be carried out in accordance with Section 12 & 12-A of the “Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955”.
APPLICATION OF THE ACT:
All the provisions under all the Sections of Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955”, shall be applicable to this Association.
Certified that this is the correct copy of the Rules and Regulations of the Association.